Spring Has Sprung and the Rainy Season is Here!
The rainy season is upon us and now is the time to make sure your windshield wipers are working properly. Rainy weather can actually be the worst for visibility, so be prepared! First and foremost it is critical to make sure you can see and be seen.
Smart Motorists follow these suggestions for safer driving in wet weather.
- Slow down! It takes longer to stop or adjust in wet weather.
- Maintain proper following distance (3 Second Rule). This needs to be increased in wet weather.
- Don't follow large trucks or busses too closely. The spray created by their large tires reduces your vision.
- Be more alert when driving in wet or slippery conditions. Watch out for brake lights in front of you.
- Avoid using your brakes; if possible, take your foot off the accelerator to slow down.
- Turn your headlights on even in a light rain, or in gloomy, foggy or overcast conditions.
- Before it starts to rain, replace old or brittle wipers.
- Never drive beyond the limits of visibility. At night rainy roads become especially treacherous.
Jiffy Lube Windshield Wiper Replacement
Windshield wipers sweep strips of rubber across the windshield to remove snow, rain and dirt. Changing weather conditions, other environmental factors and age cause your windshield wipers to deteriorate over time.
Use this coupon to get your wipers replaced now before the wet season hits hard!
Worn or damaged windshield wipers can pose a serious safety hazard. When windshield wipers wear, they crack and become brittle and can ultimately prove ineffective, leaving unwanted streak marks.
Our service includes:
- visually inspecting the windshield wipers
- removing the old windshield wipers and
- installing new, high quality windshield wipers.
This service is available at these Jiffy Lube locations in Utah. Visit our locations page for specific addresses, phone numbers and links to maps and list of services.http://www.jiffylubeutah.com/locations.htm