As the weather gets warmer, it’s easy to forgo car maintenance in favor of spending more time outside. But, before you head out on your summer adventures, make sure to get your car back into shape. Winter and Spring can wreak havoc on your vehicle in multiple ways, and it’s your responsibility as a car owner to prevent a breakdown that could easily be avoided.
- Wash your car: It’s not just superficial! A deep clean can remove salt build up from your tires and underbody, saving you time and money in the long run.
- Air conditioning: Though it’s one of the most vital parts of a blazing summer, you might not realize that your AC needs to be maintained. You can check your owner’s manual for air filter replacement intervals, and take your car in to be examined by an expert technician.
- Cooling System: Every 24 months your cooling system should be completely flushed and refilled. Overheating is the biggest cause of summer breakdowns.
- Windshield Wipers: After a season of heavy windshield wiper usage, be sure to replace worn blades and keep your windshield washer solvent flowing. A dirty windshield combined with longer sunny days can result in accidents.
- Oil Change: Though you should already consistently check your oil, the season change is a good reminder to look. If your oil’s color is amber but is low, top it off. If it’s black, change it completely!
The technicians at Jiffy Lube Utah are here to guide you through your summer upkeep. Whether it’s replacing your wiper blades, changing your oil, or providing quality preventative maintenance, Jiffy Lube Utah is your one-stop-shop.
Photo Credit: "faungg's photos"